Flyers are a great marketing device that allow you to spread the word about a business or event without investing a great deal of money. They are easy to distribute and they allow your potential customers or attendees to have your information at their fingertips. If you want to use flyers to share information with a large group of people, there are many ways for you to make cheap flyers.
Do it Yourself Cheap Flyers
Making your own flyers gives you complete control over the design of the flyer. You are responsible for creating the design, ensuring it looks attractive, and printing multiple copies. This is a great way to save money because you are doing all of the work on your own.
Make Cheap Flyers in Bulk
When you place a large order for flyers you will likely receive a discount for a bulk purchase. Though you might pay more overall for the order, each flyer will be less expensive. For instance, you might be able to order five flyers or five cents a piece, but when you increase your order to 100, the cost drops to a penny a piece.
The trick to buying in bulk is knowing when the cost savings is worth it. If you only need to share information with a dozen people, there is no sense purchasing hundreds of flyers. However, most people want to distribute flyers to as many people as possible. Think of ways you can use a bulk order of flyers so you can enjoy the cost savings of a large order.
- Limit text. Flyers with ample white space are easier to use and the less ink needed to print your flyers the cheaper the cost of the printing
- Do not break laws. In some areas it is illegal to distribute flyers. Some businesses also limit flyer distribution in their parking lots. Before you order your flyers, be sure you will be able to hand them out in your desired location. Otherwise, a large order of flyer is a waste of money.
- Make careful decisions about color printing. Color printing is a lot more expensive than black and white. Only print in color if you are ordering a small batch of flyers, if you know your intended recipients will hang onto the flyer, or if you intend to put the flyers on display. Even if you have plans to display the flyer, order the majority in black and white, and save the color printing for just a few.
- Compare prices. Use the Internet to search for the best rates on cheap flyers. Take time to read reviews so you know you are getting a quality product.
- Budget. Determine how much you can afford to spend and do not get lured in by special offers.
- Choose flat paper. You are going to have a number of upgrade options when you place your order, so choose wisely. Flat paper is cheaper than glossy paper and other options. There is no sense ordering the highest quality available if you are placing a large order.