Everyone should visit New York City at least one time in their life. A trip to New York can be expensive, but there are ways to save on a NYC vacation. There are plenty of cheap hotels in New York that are located close to attractions and convenient public transportation. If you are planning a trip to New York, consider booking your travel arrangements and accommodations online.
Bargain Hunting for Hotels in New York
New York is a huge city, so there are plenty of places to stay all over. Hotels in Manhattan, especially those close to Times Square, are more expensive than hotels that are a few blocks from popular attractions. Websites like Expedia.com, Travelocity.com and Priceline.com are three of the best sites for finding cheap hotels in New York, cheap airfare, and cheap car rentals.
Cheap hotels in New York featured on Travelocity.com include:.
- Hampton Inn Long Island Brookhaven in Long Island with rooms starting at $84 per night
- LaGuardia Airport hotel, located in the outer boroughs with rooms starting at $79 per night
- Sheraton Newark Airport hotel located in Newark with rooms starting at $80 per night.
- Affinia Manhattan located in Manhattan with rooms starting at $126 per night.
Cheap hotels in New York are easy to find, if you are willing to plan ahead and research your options.
The website Priceline.com even offers a lowest price option. With one click, the site will recommend a hotel with the lowest rate available. Sites like Expedia.com offer similar deals to Priceline and Travelocity, but you can also find great last minute deals. This is ideal for those traveling for business or living within a few hours of the city. Last minute bargains are often available for less than $75 per night.
Tips for Finding Cheap Hotels in New York
- No matter how you arrange your travel, book early. Booking flights and hotel accommodations as early as possible (two or more weeks in advance) ensures a lower rate.
- Search travel sites regularly for extra bargains. Even though the sites mentioned earlier usually offer bargain flights, hotels, rental cars and vacations, there are always extra bargains available for hotels in the slow season. Hotels slash their prices in order to attract clientele and these sites are always privy to that information. Prices on travel sites fluctuate from day to day and week to week, so keep track of the changes and book when the rates are lowest.
- Use only one site to plan your entire vacation. This ensures you get a bigger discount for booking a package. If you do decide to book separately, visit the hotel and airline sites directly. Some offer deeper discounts than those available on travel websites. Booking directly threw the hotel or airline also allows you to participate in frequent flier programs and hotel loyalty programs.