Visiting Disneyland can be quite an expense. However, you can cut costs on your vacation by staying in one of the cheap hotels near Disneyland. There are many hotels in the area and many even offer transportation to and from the park, the airport, and other attractions in the area.
Some hotels offer a variety of amenities such as swimming pools and fitness center. These amenities can increase the cost of the hotel, so if you are planning to only sleep in the room and spend the majority of your time at Disneyland, look for a hotel with fewer amenities. Room amenities can also drive the cost of your stay up. Some of the hotel rooms include microwaves, high-speed Internet, and high-end bathroom amenities. Hotels that feature basic, no-frills rooms are cheaper than those offering luxurious accommodations. Some of the most popular budget hotels include the Budget Inn, Nickelodeon Suites Resort, Royal Plaza Hotel, Westgate Palace Resort, Hampton Inn, Disney Vacation Villas, and Econo Inn and Suites.
Avoiding Cheap Hotel Pitfalls
Cheap does not have to mean run-down, dirty, or unsafe. When booking a room, read the reviews of previous guests. These reviews will likely run the gamut for most hotels, but apply some common sense when reading. Some guests would not give a good review to the best hotel in the world and others have extremely low expectations. You want a hotel with consistent reviews that mention cleanliness, affordability, and friendly service. Most reviewers should comment on the hotel’s value, as opposed to being impressed or pampered.
How to Get the Best Deals
To ensure you are getting the best deals when booking a cheap hotel near Disneyland, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Join the hotel’s loyalty club. Most chains offer perks to people who are members of their club because they know special rates increase the likelihood you will continue to choose their hotel.
- Sign up for the hotel’s newsletter if they have one. Usually delivered by email, you will learn about special rates and packages in advance.
- The off-season is a great time to visit Disneyland because the rates are lower and the park is not as crowded. Avoid school breaks and holidays.
- Consider booking your room by phone. Sometimes when you speak with a reservations operator, you can find out about specials. However, you should still compare any of those rates to the Internet rates. Cheap hotels near Disneyland often run specials online.
- Try to book in advance. Though there are occasionally last minute specials offered by hotels, these are usually very last minute. You might not get a room if you wait until rates are discounted last minute. Instead, plan your trip several months in advance and track the rates of the hotel rooms in the area. This will give you an idea how the rates fluctuate and when you should book your room for the best rate.