Handbags were originally utilitarian items, but they have surpassed their original value and are just as much a fashion statement as they are a practical item. Purses became popular during the 16th century and by the 17th century they were smaller and easier to carry. The purses was originally called a handbag, but as styles changed over the years, people began calling them purses and pocketbooks.
Today, purses are a combination of useful carry-all, fashion accessory, and status symbol. Purses come in variety of quality levels and a variety of prices. Even if you do not have a lot to spend on a purse or handbag, you can still find a bag with style and durability.
Where to Find Cheap Purses
Cheap purses can be found at your favorite department stores. These stores have weekly sales and you are sure to get a cheap purse if you buy it when it is on sale. Check coupon fliers for further savings.
Another great place to buy cheaper purses is at a consignment store. These stores sell previously owned designer purses. This is one of the cheapest ways to get expensive designer bags for an affordable price.
Shopping Online for Cheap Purses
There are several places online where you can find cheap purses. Fashion58.com offers designer purses such as Prada, Dooney and Burke, Fendi, Gucci, Burberry, and many others. The site offers a 100% money back guarantee and guarantees the designer brands are authentic. Th company has been around since 2002 and prides itself on providing great bargains and excellent customer service.
Michebag.com offers purses in a variety of different styles. The bags have outer shells that can be changed to match your outfit, whether it is casual or dressy. This means for the price of one bag, you enjoy several different styles you can change on a regular basis.
EBay is another great site for finding great deals on designer purses. At any given time there are hundreds of thousands of purses that are both new and used. If you decide to shop for a purse on Ebay, make sure you read the comments left for sellers before making your purchase. If a significant number of buyers are happy with a seller, chances are they offer a high quality product.
What to Look for in a Purse
- A size that works for you. Purse sizes vary from no bigger than a credit to the size of a small suitcase. Determine what size works best for you based on when you plan to use the purse.
- Look for adjustable straps. If you will be walking a lot it helps to drape the purse across your chest.
- Buy a neutral color if you plan to only invest in one purse. Once you begin to build your purse collection you can shop for outlandish colors and styles.
- Choose a purse with several inner compartments. This helps keep your bag organized.
- Consider buying a designer knock-off. There are purses based on designer styles that are sold for a much cheaper price, but many are still high quality.